Top Posts

Designing Podcast Covers


I recommend Podcast Cover size of

3000x3000 Pixels in 300dpi RGB color

  

If you are my kind of Artist or Creative, then you probably can't do God's work without some sort of Auditory experience. My main audio snack is over the counter Music but when I am feeling a bit special, I devour Podcasts. I have a bunch of Podcast I listen to on Stitcher, such as Stuff You Should KnowLife coach School Podcast,The DailyArt History babes etc.

 

There are however Times like today where I just scroll through the app and look for any random Podcast to see what it's all about. Suddenly the Audio Experience becomes a visual one, Presented with different shades and kinds of covers, I chose to Listen to a podcast called Verified, was it the Art that Pulled me in, the name… or was it the text. Truth be told it is a Combination of all.

 

I have Designed a handful of Podcast covers myself, So naturally I have asked myself these questions before, what makes people chose what they chose. i'd have become a god if I found one direct answer but instead I settled for Genius with these few tips I'm about to share with you.

 

1.  Know your Position

The podcast world is highly competitive, No website doing the numbers is going to display your podcast in all its glory. the spot light is going to be shared with other parties. Most likely of similar genres. Spying on the Competition is my Tip, and Design something that would stand out of the group. It could be through style, color etc. For example if your in the Crime genre and you see most of the covers there are all elaborate with red at every turn. you may conside making it simple and clean. The development podcast cover is an example of a simple design.


 






2.  Know your Destination

Who is going to consume your podcast? Are you selling to a bunch of geeks like me? Middle aged women? Political sensitive people etc. When you know your audience, you can know what they like and with that you can grab their attention for the fraction of a second necessary to stop a scrolling. for example young boys and girls are more likely to stop and look at an illustration especially with cartoon like characters that appeal to them.





 




3.  Know your Type

Let’s face it, Podcast covers are 80% about typography, you can’t fail on this part. That being said, type can be plain and simple or very graphic and rendered. All that matters is that it works with the message you want to express.




 

4.Know the Mascots

The Microphone seems to be the mascot in the podcast space, many designers seem to find creative ways to incorporate him into their designs, some just slap him on there. Decide on what works best from the get go. It’s great to do a sketch in a square of your design concept and if you want Mr. Mic to make an appearance, he should be part of the conversation and not a Band-Aid. He’ll thank you for it. Other B list Mascots include the Headphones, earpieces and waveforms.

 





 


Comments

  1. I do consider all of the concepts you have presented for your post. They're really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most vital information for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts